Sunday, December 10, 2006

the weekend....

This weekend started out very rough and by rough I mean something around 20 degrees with the windchill. Uuhh...did I mention how I don't like to go outside when it's cold? Yeah...that's still the same.


My homie Kristal and I decided on Thursday we'd go down to Adams Morgan and hang out at Bukom, a local West African restaurant/bar. Needless to say once I saw the temperature report for Friday, that was a no-go. I know I'll have to get out of this soon- I will need groceries in January again-but I can't just jump out there into sub-zero weather. I do that on the way to work and I barely make to the train station without a snotty nose....Yuck.....you never can tell when your nose is nasty in winter and that's just one more reason to stay cozy indoors.

On the brighter side of things, friday turned out to be really cool, no pun intended...Another friend was conned into comming over( a ploy by myself when she wanted to borrow the vacuum) and we ended up playing my favorite game, Scrabble. The shits addictive really it is....especially when you're winning ....we went through all the old times from college romances gone wrong, having to keep some knucklehead off of a friend, getting caught cheating and all the other dramas that happened in our dorm room. the night was beautiful and all indoors with heat-provided by my landlord.

Saturday was by far the best though....2 words Home Depot....I ended up getting a power drill to finally put together my home library and plants to make this place home. Visual noise is serious problem that f*cks with your psyche. I have soooo many boxes with books and books and books to put away, but thanks to the depot I'll be good by later this evening.

I'm living the simple life....just happy to have good friends,scrabble and a power drill make up my weekend.....ahhh life is good.......

No comments: