Friday, August 25, 2006

making waves and riding them out......

The title of this blog is a quote from one of my newest and treasured friends. Today laughing on the phone, she made this witty reference to the ideology of moverandshakerism on news of my recent employment in the DC area. I laughed out loud and remarked at how wonderful that simple saying was. She said she makes affirmations to herself just to keep the energy moving. It reminded me of how important self-affirming words are. I also used the moment to be suspended in accepting creative energy from others. We find that difficult to do sometimes, assuming we are the only goodideahavers. Blahhhh!!!! People remark that I am too passionate sometimes (even about the simple things, but hey when you find yourself you'll be doing that too). I love learning from others and getting absorbed into other people's mind framework for a spell....try it you'll learn something 'bout yo self.... Anyways, I do digress.......

Being a person geared towards self improvement through the channels of self-acceptance, I tried to remember when I'd last given myself an affirmation. It was just yesterday, but suprisingly I'd forgotten what it was. Was it not creative enough? I remembered my wall & mirror quotes though...Mirror, you say?
While living in Birmingham, I had these beautiful quotes I'd write on the bathroom mirror to remind myself of the greatness in me and in the world. The mirror served as a very powerful mode of self-celebration. Just taking the time to remind myself and you that self-celebration can be forgotten if not kept spunky and creative just like us. So that being said, Sista T.....um I'm taking that quote and modifying it...... "I make waves and create splashes as I ride them"....

Everyone should be reminded of the beauty inside them through creative circuits...let's do it....If it's new to you...I can hold your hand for a lil while but then you gone have to start steppin high and stepping out...... Read more wacky but realistic affirmations here and here. Then of course you can always make your own, unique to your situation and perspective on affirmations...Try it and uh lemme know how it benefits you.....

with love,

Int So Grl

No comments: